Cold Wax and Oils with Lynne Wintermute
August 11 — 17, 2019
Explore the beauty and liberating aspects of painting with cold wax. The medium makes the traditional rules of working with oils obsolete. In addition, cold wax medium offers unique characteristics of translucency, body, texture and enhanced drying time. Artists of all levels with find that painting with this medium offers many possibilities from landscape to abstract. We will experiment with the medium from the beginning. Starting with underpainting, followed by multiple methods of adding texture and collage and finally the magic of blending layers of oil and wax to bring out luminous color and texture combinations.
This class will be fun and collaborative and students will leave with a thorough understanding of the medium and up to 10 completed paintings. Process is very important and the class will be supplemented with a notebook filled with inspiration, detailed instructions and descriptions of materials that can be used in painting in cold wax and oil.
Class Material Fee: $25
CLASS SUPPLY LIST
Students need to bring:
- Gamblin Cold Wax Medium, 16 oz.
- Gamblin Galkyd Medium 8 oz.
- Assorted Palette Knives including
- Catalyst Wedge W-06 or W-01
- Paper Towels Viva or blue shop towels, no texture
- Assorted textures, paper, nets, string, stamps, stencils tissue etc.
- Cradled board or Arches oil paper or ampersand ,any size up to 10 substrates
- Oil paints, I prefer Gamblin or Graham, colors you love to include primary colors, black and white
REGISTRATION STARTS APRIL 1, 2019
Click here to sign up!
Artist and Educator Lynne Wintermute teaches Oil and Cold Wax and many other subjects throughout Oregon and is represented by several Fine Art Galleries. Lynne has a BFA in Fine Art from Linfield College and graduate studies at Pacific Northwest College of Art .