WATER MEDIA WITH MARGARET GODFREY
Students will need to bring the following to class:
- Basic Materials:
- Paper support: Masonite, foam core, or gater board—1/2 or full watercolor paper size
- paper towels
- Sketch paper
- palette with your favorite paints and familiar colors
- Exacto knife or box cutter
- Matte Medium
- Black sharpie
- Tracing paper
- Large water container
- Black or white gesso
- Optional: clear contact paper, frog tape, masking fluid, freezer paper
- Paper: I recommend Arches 140 or 300 lb. cold press. 2-3 full sheets of WC paper. Please do not bring student grade paper.
- Brushes and Paints: Bring the watercolor/acrylic paints and brushes that you usually use. Include brushes to use with acrylic and matte medium.
- Reference/Inspiration Materials: photos, drawings, poems, journals, etc.
- Old (failed?) Paintings: Bring 2 or 3 paintings that have a similar palette for cutting and tearing for collage.
Other Cool Stuff (if you have them): Stamps, Watercolor pencils, Chalk, Inks, other mark making things, gelli plate
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the supplies. We can share.