CAC Scholarships & Awards
Creative Arts Community is proud to offer two awards and a scholarship program to provide financial assistance towards the cost of our annual residential workshops. Applications open January 2, 2024. The deadline to apply is February 10, 2024. Notification of awards will be by March 1, 2024.
In alignment with our organization’s goal to diversify our community and include new voices and perspectives, we have established two awards that cover the full cost of attending a CAC workshop. BIPOC & LGBTQIA2+ artists are welcome at Creative Arts Community and are encouraged to apply!
Awardees will receive:
- Full scholarship including shared room and board
- Special feature at the pop-up gallery during the two workshop weeks
- Opportunity to give an artist talk in Wright Hall during their workshop week
- Recognition on our website
CAC Emerging Artist Award: To qualify for this award, you must be an emerging artist. You must also be 21+ years old by the time of the workshop. Click here to apply.
- CAC Art Teacher Professional Practice Award: To qualify you must be an art teacher (.5 or higher) at a PK-12 school. You must also be 21+ years old by the time of the workshop. Click here to apply.
CAC Need-Based Scholarships:
CAC offers partial scholarships based on financial need. They are $350, which covers the cost of basic tuition. Scholarship recipients are still responsible for paying for their lodging and any class material fees. BIPOC & LGBTQIA2+ artists are welcome at Creative Arts Community and are encouraged to apply! New applicants to our program, teachers, & BIPOC applicants are given priority consideration. Click here to apply.
You will need the following information to apply for one of the financial need-based scholarships:
A brief statement in response to the following:
- Why you are hoping to attend Creative Arts Community: What is it about our organization and workshops that is compelling to you?
- Your reasons for requesting financial assistance: What are the circumstances/financial barriers that would prevent you from attending?
- Your current interests: What activities or organizations are you involved in? How would this experience benefit you and/or other communities?
- List two personal or professional references with emails and/or phone numbers.