THE BEAUTY OF PASTELS WITH SUSAN KUZNITSKY
Students will need to bring the following to class:
- Pastels- A variety of hard and soft pastels and a small set of pastel pencils. (include a mid-toned grey pastel pencil) Bring a variety of values and colors of a good quality brand. There are many brands out there. I like Sennelier ½ stick set but there are other professional grade brands. Contact me directly if you are not sure.
- 16 x 20 foam core board to tape paper to.
- 2” wide roll of masking tape
- UArt Sanded Paper - 400 or 320 grit (buff color). Comes in 10 packs of 9 x 12 or 12 x 18 sheets
- Small container of Gamsol or Denatured Alcohol (for underpainting)
- Watercolors or Acrylics (for underpainting) – and a mixing surface. A simple student grade set is fine if you don’t already have some.
- A few inexpensive brushes in a variety of sizes.
- Small sketchbook and pencil.
- Paper towels (shop towels are great!)