TEXT ON TEXTILES WITH BONNIE MELTZER
Students will need to bring the following to class:
We will be working on projects not samples. Bring materials you really like.
- Scissors, thimble, ruler, pins
- Small assortment of yarns, and threads for stitching and needles with corresponding sized eyes. Make sure you can get your thread or yarn through the needle and the fabric. Often large eyed needles don’t have points and can’t go through fabric.
- 2 pieces of SOLID color fabric for a base, 12” x 12, any fabric (not stretch), 2 different weights.
- A small amount of fabric pieces for making letters and other shapes
- Paper and pens for writing and planning
- 5” or 6” embroidery hoop
- Ribbons, beads and buttons
Instructor will provide:
- Various weights and kinds of iron on interfacing
- Dissolving fabric
- Various threads, yarns, ribbons, and fabrics for stitching
- Beads and buttons
- Yarn for crocheting a line for writing words in cursive.
- Erasable fabric pencils
- Limited amount of fabric paint
- Iron, press cloths, Best press
- Needles and many sizes of crochet hooks for you to borrow.
- Other sizes of embroidery hoops for you to borrow